Monday 9 May 2011

Wasn't Simon King good!

Wanted to say hello and thanks to all the lovely people I met at Rheged yesterday, it was an absolute pleasure! I gather the quiz may have been a little challeging (answers coming on here soon I promise), but that just goes to show how little even people who are interested in wildlife actually know about our marine creatures.... I feel a personal challenge to fix this coming on...oh dear wish me luck!

I was totally heart-warmed by the number of people who care enough about our marine environment to sign a scale for our Petition Fish, and even more by those who stopped to talk with me about the lack of support for local produce when it comes to seafood. Well I'm working on that, let's see what happens.

Next time I'll be out in the public arena is at Hutton Plant and Food Fair on Sunday. I wonder if any local fishmongers or fishermen would be interested in joining me... anyone know of any fishy businesses in Penrith??

No comments:

Post a Comment